- Registering patents and trademarks
- We test trademarks and legends for uniqueness, carry out patent searches, verify registrability and perform an expert examination of intellectual property items;
- We register software and databases;
- We develop and evaluate contracts on alienation of exclusive rights and register such changes;
- We enter intellectual property items into the customs registers of Eurasian Economic Union member states.
- We provide legal support in disputes related to use of trademarks and patents, including domain ones;
- We provide legal support in disputes concerning trademark use in domain names in international arbitration centers;
- We represent clients’ interests in the Chamber for Patent Disputes;
- We provide legal support in copyright and related rights disputes;
- We provide legal support in disputes arising from contracts of alienation or disposal of the exclusive rights to intellectual property items.
- We have carried out Russia’s successful registration of a color as a trademark;
- We have conducted an audit of the set of intellectual property items used by the Moscow Metro and have developed the road map;
- We have conducted a quarterly audit of the existing intellectual property legislation and law-enforcement practice for the needs of a Japanese foreign trading company;
- We defended the copyright of the author of songs recorded by one of the most famous Russian rock bands;
- In the Chamber for Patent Disputes we have successfully challenged a claim regarding a trademark whose rightsholder sought legal defense against our principal;
- In the Chamber for Patent Disputes we have successfully challenged inventions and utility models whose rightsholder sought legal defense against our principal;
- In the international arbitration center, we have defended the right to a trademark that had been illegally used in a domain name registered in such a way that the domain name administrator changed on a daily basis;
- We have developed local regulations on confidential information and NDAs for the largest mobile phone manufacturer;
- We have represented the world’s largest food product manufacturer in defense of trademark rights;
- We have represented the interests of a Swedish forest and garden equipment manufacturer in defense of trademark rights;
- We have represented the interests of the USA’s largest pharma company in fighting counterfeit products;
- We have registered and defended the trademark of Romanov alcoholic beverages in the Chamber for Patent Disputes and the Intellectual Property Court.
Since 2014, TM Defence has been included in the list of top-recommended intellectual property law firms according to the UK’s widely respected Chambers & Partners rating.
Since 2016, the practice head, Yana Brutman, has been included in the list of top-recommended intellectual property experts according to Chambers & Partners.